Çimentaş Group follows the following paths in order to achieve sustainability in terms of its environmental goals:
- To be compatible with any laws and regulations included within its responsibility in practice;
- To focus on sustainable development and encourage technological renovation;
- To increase the use of alternative raw materials, thus reducing the consumption of fossil fuels;
- To keep under control and restrict the environmental impact of individual products; to reduce emissions, immissions, energy consumption, use of water and waste generation;
- To assist its customers to use sustainable and environmentally friendly concrete products in ordet to help them achieve their environmental goals;
- To set proactive and continuously improving goals in business planning;
- To provide its employees with continuous training in order to achieve sustainable goals;
- To respond to or prevent any emergency cases with environmental impacts;
- To enhance transparency and improve dialogues in communication with stakeholders, customers, authorities, suppliers, local administrations and shareholders;
- To issue an Environmental Sustainability Report and share its sustainable development policy, goals and action plans;
- To use as a guide or formulate environmental key performance indicators in order to identify goals and to achieve the identified goals.
ISO 9001 Quality Management System, ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, ISO 50001Energy Management System, OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System and TS EN 197-1 Mill and Mill Production Control are effectively applied at all 4 cement plants of Çimentaş.
At our plants,
ISO 9001 Quality Management System has been certified by the Quality and Environment Committee (QEC);
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, ISO 50001 50001Energy Management System and OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System by BSI (British Standards Institution); and
Conformity of our products to TS EN 197-1 by the Quality and Environment Committee (QEC) under Performance Constancy certificates.
Çimentaş Group Quality, Environmental, Energy, Occupational Health and Safety Policy
Continuous Development: To comply with the terms of our Quality, Plant Production Control, Environmental, Energy, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and continuously improve the effectiveness and performance thereof.
Compliance with Laws and Other Conditions: To fulfil our legal obligations related to environment, energy use, consumption and efficiency, occupational health and safety in effect; to comply with any other conditions including sectoral obligations and product standards; to contribute to the works for the improvement and development of legal conditions.
Customer Satisfaction: Take customer satisfaction as a basis in all our operations and identify customer requirements and expectations accordingly; to work in order to give more.
Risks and Accidents: To identify, study, reduce any and all risks related to quality, environment, occupational health and safety and carry out any activities required for the prevention of accidents. To prevent our employees from being injured and go into a decay due to the works they perform.
Control of Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety Activities: To systematically reduce dust, gas emission, waste and noise level which may occur as a result of our operations and ensure the permanency thereof.
Respect for Environment in the Use of Natural Resources: To prevent unnecessary use of natural resources; to reduce waste at origin; carry out studies in order to increase the recycling and recovery of waste. To use proper disposal techniques for wastes, thus ensuring the prevention of contamination and protection of the environment. To carry out rehabilitation works after quarry operations.
Training and Consciousness-Raising: To carry on all our works of training and consciousness-raising as required for our Quality, Plant Production Control, Environmental, Energy, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems to be a permanent part of our culture.
To support any activities intended for the enhancement of environmental sensitivity of our employees, contractors, suppliers and the society.
Follow-up of Technology: To continuously follow up new technologies and technological developments. To make designs for the improvement of energy performance and supply any necessary resources.
Participation by Everybody: To make our Quality, Plant Production Control, Environmental, Energy, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems a part of our business principles thanks to effective participation and responsibility division of all our employees, contractors and suppliers. To have clear communication with third parties, our shareholders, employees, customers and other stakeholders on any issues concerning quality, plant production control, environment, energy, occupational health and safety. To cooperate with any competent authorities, relevant local administrative authorities, individuals, associations, public organisations and institutions on any issues concerning the operations of the company.
Compatibility with Suppliers: To select such contractors and suppliers whose environmental impacts are minimal and who satisfy our expectations related to the improvement of our energy performance in our existing processes and in our new investments; to ensure their compatibility with our Quality, Plant Production Control, Environmental, Energy, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems in their practices; to work in cooperation with them in the supply of materials and services complying with our management systems.